These are so different from your usual style — hardly a shadow in sight; mid tones almost gone, for example — yet they too have that wonderful, 'momentary' quality about them.
The first photo in particular reminds me of those calligraphic paintings by the old Chinese masters.
DFTP, Pete: Little bit of luck with these photos. The light was too flat for much, so I tried a high contract, 2X overexposure in Aperture. Worked for one, so I did em all the same way. I need to find a haiku to go with the first photo. It really sings for me too.
6 comments:
I absolutely love all of these photos - the contrast and composition is just spot on - fantastic stuff
These are so different from your usual style — hardly a shadow in sight; mid tones almost gone, for example — yet they too have that wonderful, 'momentary' quality about them.
The first photo in particular reminds me of those calligraphic paintings by the old Chinese masters.
I'm impressed.
DFTP, Pete: Little bit of luck with these photos. The light was too flat for much, so I tried a high contract, 2X overexposure in Aperture. Worked for one, so I did em all the same way. I need to find a haiku to go with the first photo. It really sings for me too.
Awesome shots. Definitely Header-worthy . . .
;-)
These are sensational. I'm amazed that the stark effect with contrast was achieved in-camera. Very impressive.
Completely delightful!
Post a Comment