Sunday, April 19, 2009

Recreation Department


Recreation Department, February 2009
"... consider what you have, consider what you want, and figure out for yourself how to make it happen." --Mark Richardson in Zen and Now where he talks about Robert Pirsig's Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.
This photo is relevant in light of the theme of Richardson's book about Pirsig's famous book. It speaks for itself and makes me sad.

-----

4 comments:

Don't Feed The Pixies said...

It's an interesting photo - because the space between them speaks volumes. Plus of course the fact that its supposed to be a recreation department, but everything is closed up.

I don't know - making me think on a monday morning! :)

Chris said...

Looks like the kids are playing video games. Adds even more sadness/irony to the photo and the quote.

pohanginapete said...

Yes, I see what you mean (I think).

I love photos like this: photos that show rather than tell, that suggest rather than lecture.

michael.offworld said...

I think my connection of the photo to the quote is a bit on the vague side. I'm not even sure what I was thinking about. Good book though.