Monday, September 07, 2009

White as snow, dry as dust


Silent beneath her farewell gaze, September 2009


Sunset Buddha, September 2009


Only salt remains, September 2009


Two friends passing (hello Coyote), September 2009


Last glimpse over the horizon, September 2009


Gentle waves of salt, September 2009


The bottom of the lake, September 2009


Background singers, shuffling their notes, September 2009


Stars floating above the sea, September 2009


A softer bed can't be found, September 2009

---


Take me where I need to go (I love my truck), September 2009

-----

6 comments:

Nathalie H.D. said...

Hi

My first visit here thanks to a link on "where there are no chickadees". Your photos are beautiful, quite uplifting. And I just read your post about Sarah with much interest. It's probably as great for us to walk into your world than it was for you to walk into hers.

Don't Feed The Pixies said...

All great as per usual, but i particularly enjoyed the last few as from The Bottom Of The Lake

pohanginapete said...

Yes, wonderful photos with that characteristic subtlety and depth. This time I found the captions particularly apt and moving, especially "Two friends passing (hello Coyote)", which speaks to me so strongly of respect and connection.

Something about these photos is like the feeling of being able to relax and breathe again.

michael.offworld said...

Hello Nathalie. Thanks for you kind words.

DFTP: best regards as usual.

Pete: relax and breathe my friend, awesome compliment.

PurestGreen said...

Loving the deep golden light and the wide open spaces. I am leaving for Canada (B.C.) in just a few days and am looking forward to views like this, and the shock of scents in the air and the memory they will bring.

Argent said...

I love the quality of light in your photographs, it gives such a feeling of the vastness of the place. We just don't have that here, the UK's is just too small.