Friday, January 01, 2010

"Me" 2010


Self-portrait, January 1, 2010

I'm amazed at the lengths to which I've gone to be who I think I should be when I was already "me." Ha!

-----

5 comments:

pohanginapete said...

Happy New Year, Michael.

I like the way this photo suggests at least as much as it reveals. your face half in — or half out — of the photo; your expression with so many possible interpretations; the suggestion of books (but what do they contain?). Like so many of your photos, so much emerges out of the quiet; the apparent calm gradually suggests so much going on.

Batteson.Ind said...

Have loved catching up with your Christmas take, I especially loved "offend no'one", it's so true of the fear that everyone lives in, uber-political-correctness. Sending all the best things for this year, we had a semi lunar eclipse on a full moon here on new years eve, not sure if that's a good or bad omen for the coming year!
Have a good one, in whichever way you need to do so! cheers!

Chris said...

Great photo! Always nice to get a glimpse of blog friends.

I wonder who I REALLY am because of the many faces I wear for various people. They all seem appropriate at the time, and somewhat natural, yet they're different. I want to wear one outfit for ALL occasions! Know what I mean?

michael.offworld said...

Pete, your comments always give me a boost. I like the photo for what you say, but I wish the focus was sharper.

Watercat: It was a blue moon for us. I think it's all special.

Chris: I know what you mean, but I don't know how to achieve it. It is important that we try.

Thanks all for your kind words. Let 2010 begin!

PurestGreen said...

Great half grin, like a smile strung loosely between your eye and the corner of your mouth. Something tells me you've carried that since you were small, perfecting it over the years.