Friday, April 23, 2010

Quickening

A wee stroll led me to the quickening I was searching for. I could smell it in the new warmth of the soil and in the tracks left across the sky by migrating geese. O spring!

391401, April 2010


Someone will remember, April 2010
Reading the Matrix, April 2010
What could be so important?, April 2010



This marks a spot, April 2010
I see it, I hear it, April 2010

This is all I need, April 2010

4 comments:

Batteson.Ind said...

I love that word 'quickening', I think the full moon in February is termed 'the quickening moon' by wiccans. I love this terminology used by cultures, poetic phrases to explain natural cycles... We've just had the first few warm days over here, even managed to brown our pale hides a little bit, it does the soul GOOD! :-D
Beautiful photos as always... all the best things :-)

pohanginapete said...

That first photo in particular has a haunting quality to it — as if time is in the process of folding in on itself, the new drawing close to the old. The beautiful, subtle colours match the softness of the light and the not-quite-stark trees, and the slight curve of the foreground pole gives me the impression it's leaning towards the other side of the barbed wire, always on the other side from its companions. I could go on about the others, too, but I'd rather just appreciate them.

michael.offworld said...

Thanks, Watercat. This is such a grand time of year.

Pete, I love how you see with more than just your eyes.

* said...

Intriguing pictures in this post. Especially the bone (?) wrapped in wire to the fence. Is that symbolic for something?

New to your blog, but I'll be back. I like your thoughtful posts here.