Sunday, November 06, 2011

Action and repose

"Action and repose, ... to properly balance these two is to understand life."
- Jim Carroll, The Petting Zoo
---
Photos from the past couple weeks.


One point, sharp, October 2011


She comes when the nights are longest, November 2011


This is what compassion looks like, from @DalaiLama (Twitter)


Food for the meek, November 2011


November, still rolling, 2011


Grandpa's hands, October 2011

-----

5 comments:

Chrisy said...

I'm yearning for some repose. Really "She comes when...", "Grandpa's hands", and "Food for the meek". They're all beautiful, though, as usual.

DB Stewart said...

We could learn something about action and repose from a Christmas cactus, couldn't we?

tinsenpup said...

I especially love the pumpkin carving pictures. It's those beautiful faces, lost in their task.

Is your bike stored away when it snows? How sad.

michael.offworld said...

Thanks friends. Tinsenpup: the snow is allegedly coming this week. Sad indeed.

michael.offworld said...

I should add a note about the context of the Dalai Lama photo. He is comforting a child who lost his parents in the recent Japanese disaster. It breaks my heart AND fills me with hope.