![]() |
| Power tie, March 2012 |
I put my day off from work today to put in a good day of work. Huh? No hospital today. I spent the sunshine hours at home polishing a story that has already be rubbed too thin, but had to be finished once and for all. Enough. I've been running it through Scribophile.com and received a pile of constructive feedback. It's pretty good now. Well, I think it's decent. I'm not sure. (Doubt rears its ugly head.)
Doesn't matter, I pushed through the doubt, wallowing along the way, and sent it off to four competitions. I'm not exactly glowing with confidence, but I feel like I have to get busy and finish the day with something creative. So I'll quit wasting time here and open something new. I can only get better by doing more right?
The tie. My boy put one on today for a school concert and I think he liked it. He looks terrific in a tie. Maybe I need to get my jeans and t-shirt self down to the thrift shop and look for some dead-man ties. It might be good to look like I give a shit for once.
-----

No comments:
Post a Comment