Living with peace or joy come to mind first, but honestly, I don't think that's enough to get the golden key. Life is more than peace and joy. It's chaos and grief too and choosing one side over the other maintains an impossible separation. I think the answer lies in the direction of connection (radical acceptance). Not so much person to person, but self to everything. Much suffering comes from living in separation. Me vs. them. This career vs. that one. Scarcity vs. abundance. All this separation fuels greed, delusion, and anger. And fear.
Maybe versus can become and? If we could just figure out how to take a step back (or a few steps) and see life from a perspective wider than our thinking, I believe we would see the flashing neon "AH-HA" sign.
If it were so easy! Finding that perspective is proving difficult for me. There are so many paths to this truth and I get turned around only to find myself having circled back to where I started.
So. I go again. Always going, going, going on beyond.
All the best to all my blogger friends. May January first be as special as June 11 or August 18 or any other day.
Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today (or this year), at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful.-----
The Buddha
2 comments:
Happy April 8! (I get you.)
:-)
Post a Comment