Monday, October 20, 2008

Viking two



Sunny geometry one and two, September 2008


Around back, September 2008


Just before the frost, September 2008


Clear, so clear, September 2008

-----

1 comment:

pohanginapete said...

Now this is fascinating — the first two photos, that is. So similar, yet distinctly different. I'm guessing you photographed the colour version around midday, the B&W about an hour earlier or later? The shadows in the B&W seem to suit that treatment better, whereas the subtle colour might have been overwhelmed by more prominent shadows.

I do really like that subtle colour, although I have to say when comparing the two photos I prefer the slightly more distant perspective of the B&W because the closer camera position (?) in the colour version has meant you've tilted the camera slightly, making the vertical lines converge slightly. Nothing wrong with that; it's just my personal preference for the more "straight-on" perspective of the B&W.

Honestly, I'm not sure which version I prefer, and am glad I don't have to choose! I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the two versions. Thanks for posting both.