Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Summer walk, part two


Back alley farm house hippie van, July 2008



Pretty flowers, man, July 2008

The summer walk around Lohwinkel continues. This old farm house is on Main street in the middle of town and what the voyeur in me wouldn't give to have a look around inside. I presume this house had some space around it at one time. Acres of space. The town just grew around it like relatives coming for dinner (and never leaving). This may be where the high school kids go to sliver some weed, snug between to the Christian radio station and Pieces of the Past Antiques.

-----

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, if those walls could talk . . .

I'd love to accompany you on your walk . . .

Anonymous said...

I bet that hippie van could tell some stories.

Don't Feed The Pixies said...

Y'know - your photos remind me of something that happened to me in the late 1980s. I was on a photography course at the time and we were taking pix of texture - so i saw this pile of bricks and thought the shadows and the shapes were interesting. No sooner had i started taking pictures than a bloke came up and started telling me that it was the devil making me take these pictures, seeing only evil and i should come to his next religious meeting.

Yeah, i know - i attract the weird types.

But the point is that i still think he had misunderstood his relationship with God and i still think he was wrong. I still think there is as much beauty in the abandoned and the forgotten as there is in the every day - and i guess that's what i like about your photos: that you see the beauty others ignore :)

Anonymous said...

Pixie nailed it.

We are so conditioned to not look at the ordinary. We let it float by as we seek something cooler. Bigger. Brighter. And miss so many things that hold a trove of beauty . . .

michael.offworld said...

You folks are making me blush. Shucks.

You know, if I ever get to show this stuff, I'll be stealing your comments for the show proposal.