Friday, March 27, 2009

It will come

Summer, I'm calling you. You thaw me as if I've been racing between galaxies for centuries and have finally returned to your granite hearth. Blinking, I scan the long horizon with sandy eyes. Even my toes are warm! I smell the green tea of a freshly cut lawn and I hear a happy dog barking over the hill: Here I am! Here I am!


Grassy quadrant, May 2008


Regarding the watcher, May 2008


Warm in the saddle, May 2008

-----

2 comments:

Chris said...

I'm ready to smell "the green tea of a freshly cut lawn..." also.

Regarding the watcher reminds me of anxiety filled conversations with police officers after I've been pulled over. "No, Officer. I did NOT know I was going that fast."

michael.offworld said...

Hi Chris, Those camera things give me the creeps too. Symbols of oppression? (I'm not quite that paranoid, but it wouldn't take much to push me in that direction.)