I love the expressions captured in this shot. Faster than a blink, but so dramatic.
(The title has nothing to do with the reality of the day. Just me making up stories.)
-----
6 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Michael,
That is one of the best pictures I've ever seen. Faster than a blink, indeed. And now, it will last for eternity. Simply amazing . . . I showed my wife, and she almost cried . . .
On another note, I have hunted high and low for that magazine, to no avail. I may just have to order it online . . .
Chris: In the package? No idea! The boys get so many gifts on birthdays, that the individual ones get lost in the chaos. Remember when we used to get one gift and we were happy (nod to your recent post)?
That's a masterpiece — truly. Technically excellent (would've been so easy to blow out the highlights) with wonderful framing and perspective; but it's what's happening that makes it so outstanding. If anyone ever needed to know the meaning of Cartier-Bresson's "decisive moment", this photo would explain it perfectly.
Jeeze Pete. You're making me think I could actually show my stuff in a real live art gallery with acid free mats, frames, glass, and halogen lighting. Thanks for the boost!
6 comments:
Michael,
That is one of the best pictures I've ever seen. Faster than a blink, indeed. And now, it will last for eternity. Simply amazing . . . I showed my wife, and she almost cried . . .
On another note, I have hunted high and low for that magazine, to no avail. I may just have to order it online . . .
That's great! Everything about it is great! I'm curious about what's in the package. Just nosy.
Chris: In the package? No idea! The boys get so many gifts on birthdays, that the individual ones get lost in the chaos. Remember when we used to get one gift and we were happy (nod to your recent post)?
Brian, Thanks so much. The photo is indeed a gift. All I did was frame it and push the shutter.
That's a masterpiece — truly. Technically excellent (would've been so easy to blow out the highlights) with wonderful framing and perspective; but it's what's happening that makes it so outstanding. If anyone ever needed to know the meaning of Cartier-Bresson's "decisive moment", this photo would explain it perfectly.
Jeeze Pete. You're making me think I could actually show my stuff in a real live art gallery with acid free mats, frames, glass, and halogen lighting. Thanks for the boost!
Post a Comment