Friday, September 18, 2009

Still waiting to move

Who wouldn't want to buy this house? I love it. It's roomy enough for my boys to run laps and fill it to the cedar with squeals of laughter. The rain bounces harmlessly off the metal roof and the fireplace chases away malevolent chills. The kitchen fills the air with scents like rosemary, fresh autumn apple pie, and soul-stirring coffee. There is room for everything: toys, people, passions, books, exercise, visiting, and peace. Who wouldn't want to buy this house?


Recreating warmly, August 2009


Peace upon the pillow, August 2009


Eat, enjoy, stay, August 2009


Think, study, create, August 2009


You can even get a hair-cut, August 2009


Kids too noisy? Send 'em downstairs, August 2009

-----

7 comments:

Argent said...

Wow, so much beautiful wood in that house! I'd buy it if I could a) afford it and b) it was not a thousand miles away. :-)

emma said...

I seethe with jealousy. What a fantastic find!

Captain Steve said...

fabulous ceiling.

Chris said...

I would! Is this the house you're trying to sell or a house you'd like to purchase? Regardless, it looks like home to me.

pohanginapete said...

What the others said, although re. Argent's comment, in my case it's more like 8000 miles away.

It has that feel of a real home.

michael.offworld said...

This is the house we are trying to sell. Odd that it's hard to sell. People around here look for more ordinary homes. I don't get it...

rox said...

I like this home. Too bad you don't live in my city!! I'm looking!