Sunday, July 18, 2010

Whispering Spruce Colony

"Dammit, this is tomorrow. I'm supposed to go to the city tomorrow."

She had just found a crumpled newsletter in the bottom of her son's backpack. Last week was a holiday, so it had been waiting there a while to spring the news on her. The important reminder was the preschool field trip to the Hutterite colony. Tomorrow.

"Honey? Can you take your little angel on a field trip tomorrow? If not I'll have to call one of the other moms."

"I'll do it," he shouted

"But, you hate field trips."

"Don't matter. I always wanted to go there. I wonder if they'll let me take pictures?"

Human order, May 2010
Outside the kitchen, May 2010

Meat red floor, May 2010

Spring fresh, May 2010

Simple time, May 2010

The center of the quiet, May 2010

Peter & Matthew, May 2010

A place to sleep, May 2010

Where radishes come from, May 2010

Friendly visit, May 2010

There are others?, May 2010

4 comments:

Notes From ABroad said...

lol, I loved the photos :)

Batteson.Ind said...

after spending a few weeks off from blogging, to visit here has been such a joy... I've said it a few times before I'm sure, but I love your in betweeny viewpoint of the world. just gorgeous sentiments on every level, cheers!

Argent said...

I don't know anything about the Hutterites, but these interesting pictures make me what to go and do a spot of research. Thanks.

michael.offworld said...

Thanks folks.

Watercat: ditto!

Argent: their culture is so appealing, I'm working with a Hutterite boy on his stuttering and I love their simple joy. That's it. They are happy with what they have. (I'll take off my rose coloured glasses now.)