
Some things can't be known, October 2010
Did the porcupine survive? Was she crushed by the wheels of this bus or did she get away, a few quills short of a full load? My mind feels full of quills today. I hit something this weekend, my body is telling me: head ache, short temper, disturbing dreams, but I can't get out of the careening bus of my thinking mind to discover what it was. And maybe unhook some of those quills. So my wheels will keep rolling and hurting because that's what wheels are meant to do.
Is this true? Does the mind always have to churn and spit like a viciously reacting potion burbling on a stove of molten lava? It feels true right now, but it isn't a permanent condition. I just have to find the turn-around. Change my thinking.
But to change my thinking I have to know what it is I am thinking about. Today I have no clue.
One thing at-a-time. I think I'll fry up some bacon and eggs.
--
Help along the way this fine Sunday morning:
Pohanginapete
Emma
-----
3 comments:
i like this piece a lot - i think sometimes all you can do is let your mind worry until it had filed away everything it needs to and can be calm again
Cheers Michael. I wish I had better answers — or any worthwhile at all. I do know time can help. Be patient; believe the quills will fall away.
Quills are tools for writing, too.
Your advice reflects what happened. I looked at the emotions, the physical sensation while I wrote the post, and then when I wend up for breakfast, it all faded away. Patience, courage, and faith.
Post a Comment