Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Club Cafe, Almost Forgotten

This is the kind of hometown cafe you go to as a tourist, to see something old, someplace almost forgotten and right around the corner. The food was a little scary (four Tums and one Pepcid), but the atmosphere was perfect. I captured a discreet video of the waitress wiping off a table while Patsy Kline sung on the jukebox (I'm not making that up), but my wife vetoed posting it. Her hips were swaying in a 1950's kind of way to the gentle music and the rhythm of her ragged cloth on the table. "It looks like you were taking a video of her ass."


66.7 percent graceful, July 2008


Canvas, July 2008


Many mouths, July 2008


Lonely for bums, July 2008


Sun that cleans, July 2008


The front, July 2008


The back, July 2008

-----

4 comments:

Don't Feed The Pixies said...

I love the intimate details you've chosen here - focussing on small, almost forgotten elements of the dining experience (like the spoons) and elevating them to art. Great!

tinsenpup said...

You have such a good eye. I love the spoons and the broom with the little shadow that looks like an elf.

Captain Steve said...

The floor underneath the stools.

michael.offworld said...

I love what you all notice. Thanks.

M