Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Viking four


Prairie blocks, September 2008


See through shadow, September 2008


Furnace room, September 2008


Quonset scales, September 2008

-----

3 comments:

pohanginapete said...

The first and third have that Eggleston quality again, Michael. I think photos like these demand patience — meaning the viewer has to look at them for a while before their real depth begins to emerge. "Prairie blocks", for instance: after a while it's as if the shadows begin to move slightly; one becomes aware of the blueness and emptiness of the sky; the parked utes hint at their owners working somewhere inside; it all seems so mundane yet so immediate, as if the viewer is looking not at a photo but the scene itself. The more one looks, the more one sees; the more one sees, the more one wonders.

michael.offworld said...

Pete, thanks for being so generous with your time to leave these rich comments. I'm so going to keep them in case I need them for a show (some day).

Let's be more positive (it's hard to find the confidence): when I have a public art show of my photographs.

M

Don't Feed The Pixies said...

There's an episode of The X Files where a sentient computer has set up home in a caravan completely surrounded by barbed wire - the shot of your "furnace room" made me think of that.

Bizarre, but true