(Yes, what's going on in that telegraph pole shot? Perhaps it's better not to know, and in any case I like the question it raises).
Good use of colour in the third photo. To me it has a William Eggleston quality to it (consider that a compliment).
It's the first photo that keeps drawing me back, though. It has those same lovely tones and textures you seem so able to notice and photograph, but beyond that, it asks so many questions, offers so many possible stories. The incomplete words; the warning sticker; in particular, that black, empty hole where the door knob used to be. This really warrants a top-class print, framed simply and given plenty of space.
3 comments:
i like the telegraph pole shot - though worryingly it looks like someone has been chained to it...
(Yes, what's going on in that telegraph pole shot? Perhaps it's better not to know, and in any case I like the question it raises).
Good use of colour in the third photo. To me it has a William Eggleston quality to it (consider that a compliment).
It's the first photo that keeps drawing me back, though. It has those same lovely tones and textures you seem so able to notice and photograph, but beyond that, it asks so many questions, offers so many possible stories. The incomplete words; the warning sticker; in particular, that black, empty hole where the door knob used to be. This really warrants a top-class print, framed simply and given plenty of space.
I LOVE how you call it a telegraph pole. (Telephone pole here.)
And, an interesting interpretation. I won't say how I got the shot though.
I haven't seen Eggleston before, but yes, yes, yes. Wow.
You know Pete, I didn't notice the missing knob until I posted the photo. A gift from the universe.
Post a Comment