Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Party in Lohwinkel


Old-fashioned, December 2008


Santa IS scary, December 2008


I'm not excited, no maybe I am, December 2008


Mute, December 2008


Warm lights, cold cinder block, December 2008


Working on thirds, December 2008


Hear the children sing, December 2008


Dreaming of sugar plums, December 2008


Too much candy, December 2008


Too much candy, two, December 2008


Old scuffs, new boots, December 2008

-----

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are all wonderful. Makes me wish I was there with my children. The "Old scuffs, new boots" photo is great. Really neat. I also like seeing the Coca Cola sign under the red lights in the "Dreaming of sugar plums" shot. Precious boy has rosy cheeks too.

musingwoman said...

Love these! "Mute" is my favorite.

Anonymous said...

"Too much candy" does it for me. His eyes!

Emma said...

"Mute" and "Too much candy" make me want to run upstairs and wake my 3-year-old to hug him fiercely. =)

Don't Feed The Pixies said...

Happy christmas michael and best wishes for 2009 - fantastic photos. I also liked "too much candy"

pohanginapete said...

A brilliant series, Michael. The B&W photos are great (as usual) and "Too much candy" certainly is a cracker (even if it does make my fillings jump ;^)). However, "Dreaming of sugar plums" is a stunner. The colour's exceptional, and the stillness of the boy contrasted with the blur of the little girl running exemplifies perfectly a photograph's ability to capture the ongoing moment (to pinch the title of Geoff Dyer's book). Then there's the clock on the wall, too. The more I look, the more I see. Again.
Merry Christmas, Michael.

michael.offworld said...

Thanks so much everyone. Merry Christmas to you all.